Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crossing the bridge!!

I went for a walk today during lunch. It was a beautiful day. I was very inspired listening to Bono speak on call to action in Africa! I recently re-subscribed to Ted Talks podcast. I love listening to smart people speak about various issues of the day!

I had a slight bread hangover this morning from the homemade cinnabuns my wife made for my daughter's birthday. I intentionally over did it to drive home the point of what how I don't want to feel. Granted I've been doing this for the last couple of years. I'm really ready to be done with this off & on approach to cooked foods!

During my walk today, I crossed a bridge that I used as a metaphor for change in my life! I crossed this bridge to a new life! A life full of raw foods that enrich & nourish my body and soul! A life that has meaning & purpose! One that is full of love & gratitude for everything & everyone I come in contact with!

Several years ago I was on this very bridge when a train came. The bridge was too long for me to go anywhere once I realized the train was coming, so in fear, I braced myself for the impending passing of the train. It was quite thrilling as I sat at the very side edge of the bridge and the train rumbled pass me! OMG!! Since then, I haven't crossed the bridge until today! I knew I'd be safe if a train did come! So I crossed the bridge and stopped to say a prayer when I got the center! I prayed for strength & courage as I turn a new leaf into my new life!

I'm so grateful for today! I'm so grateful to have my health, family, job, business, knowledge of raw foods and recovery!

Update: "Ahhh....snap"!! I fucked up! Oh well! Another day, another day sober from alcohol! At least I'm sober from alcohol! Food is a completely different story! It's just like me to be so strong & inspired during the day, but OMG, I accidently left a bag of chips in my car, and "BAM" (just like that) the thought occurred to me that it'd be ok, "just one more time"! What's it going to take for me!

I'm not that hard on myself, I'm just documenting what happened today. Originally, I was not going to share and just shut all my blogs down completely, but I know this is good for me to share! It's good for me to put out the universe where I want to go, nutritionally & spiritually speaking!

I totally thought I had this day licked! I juiced most of the day! I was on my way to my kid's soccer practice. Their coach was going to take them out for ice cream. I had some chips the night prior and forgot to toss them this morning and there they were behind my seat at 5pmish this eve! SNAP!! (Trigger) RATS!! I had some cooked vegan food for dinner with my wife, some chips! Went to an AA meeting! Now I'm home updating my day here on this blog! It's ok. I'm going to do wake up and do another day tomorrow!

I seriously know I'll be going to an OA meeting very soon. I need to, at the very least, take addictive eating as seriously as my alcoholism and commit to not eating refined flour and processed sugar--no matter what!! I know WHEN I take that dive, I'll be more apt to stick to raw, because bread is my ultimate love!! I will have several items that I need to abstain from, no matter what! I'll figure that out in good time. In the mean time, I'm good with continuing my AA meetings daily!!

Enough of this...until next time!!

Fresh Out

d

No comments: