Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First Post...New blog

First Post:

Ok…I'm starting a new blog! This one should be more in line with me and who I really am! Doug's Great Big Raw Adventure was a good attempt in it's initial concept, but honestly, it wasn't' a REAL picture of who I am or where I'm at TODAY!

I was only a little honest. I started to get very self conscious after various raw food bloggers had a link to my page from theirs. I was honored and appreciated the link very much but since I've been struggling so much with food overall and other areas of my life, I just didn't write--I did not want to share my SHIT!!

Also, I need to write about recovery from alcohol and my other addictions, including the addiction to cooked food!! At least the title of this blog will give the potential reader a reasonable idea of the content of this blog!

My plan is to be brutally honest about me and my stuff!! I'm hoping to write like nobody else is reading. I'm sure I'll be able to follow through with it because everyone will know upfront what to expect! I will try and have 3 main focus areas: Recovery, Nutrition, and hopefully some Spirituality! I think all 3 go hand in hand and actually compliment each other! But who knows where this can go. Especially if I can finally make some serious progress with my dietary goals! I know I can give up the cooked food. It's just taking that first step that's the hardest.

The truth is, I'm an alcoholic in recovery. My sobriety birthday is 4/01/06. After I quit drinking, other addictions started to manifest themselves into my life—or became more apparent. Like my addiction to bread (flour) . I'm an addict for alcohol, marijuana, cooked food and probably anything that alters my brain and keeps me from getting closer the God of my understanding. I need to talk about recovery! It's the most important thing in my life and needs to be in the forefront of my writings.

Intake:

1 double expresso with h20 & 2 brown sugar packets
1 orange
4 halloween candies
2 handful of organic tortilla chips
3 handfuls of kettle one chips
32 oz lemon water with MSM
Spirlina
Chlorella
E3 live
2T Bee pollen

Bread with cheese & tomatoe

Homemade cinnabun (

9:58pm--Update:

Urgh...OK my tolerance for pain has about reached it's max and I can safely say that tomorrow will be a fasting day! I've said this before, that cooked food is way over rate and I am feeling tired and quesy right now! I wanted to get this first post posted!

I'm excited to start this new chapter. I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for the new year to start my new raw vegan lifestyle once and forever! I don't think I'm going to miss the way I feel currently! I just need to remember this fucked up feeling. Maybe I'll take a picture of myself!


No comments: